The Happy Holidays political thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 376.RIP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:09 pm

I’m assuming (pun intended) a few posters here have a “gently used” model they’d cut you a deal on.
I'd be willing to part with Gwendolyn for 25 schmeckels.
I got nine tugbux and a small bag of ghelt to offer.
throw in some beard leavins and it's a deal.

User avatar 377.ufgators68 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:20 pm

378.9508 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Should held out for some fresh ditch bream.

User avatar 379.RIP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Should held out for some fresh ditch bream.
psssh I just walk by the ditches and bream die by the thousands. just scoop em up.

380.MoralityULack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Trump covering up North Korea is moving ahead full steam in preparations to nuke the US in order to preserve the his lies about how great his deal is with honest benevolent Kim.
New satellite images obtained exclusively by CNN reveal North Korea has significantly expanded a key long-range missile base located in the mountainous interior of the country, offering yet another reminder that diplomatic talks with the US have done little to prevent Kim Jong Un from pursuing his promise to mass produce and deploy the existing types of nuclear warheads in his arsenal.

The satellite imagery offers evidence that the Yeongjeo-dong missile base and a nearby, previously unreported site remain active and have been continuously upgraded, underscoring the reality of just how far apart Washington and Pyongyang are on the issue of denuclearization despite five months of sporadic talks.

381.MoralityULack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Denver asked would Trumpettes care if he got an American killed with his mafia dealings.

The better question is would Trumpettes care if he gets 20-30 million Americans killed by letting NK build nukes rather than admit he was made a fool of at the negotiating table and has, as usual with almost everything else, been bragging about successes that never actually happened.

382.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 am

Denver asked would Trumpettes care if he got an American killed with his mafia dealings.

The better question is would Trumpettes care if he gets 20-30 million Americans killed by letting NK build nukes rather than admit he was made a fool of at the negotiating table and has, as usual with almost everything else, been bragging about successes that never actually happened.
I get the point, but NK has a hard time hitting the broad side of the pacific ocean with their missiles. Not too worried about it for the next 20 years.

383.Fishon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:23 am

I get the point, but NK has a hard time hitting the broad side of the pacific ocean with their missiles. Not too worried about it for the next 20 years.
of course your liver and/or kidneys will have failed long before then you lucky bastard

384.9508 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:00 am

Now you sound like Trump... allegedly

385.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:16 am

They had trouble for a while, possibly because we were said to be interfering. But before Trump declared North Korea to be not a threat they had tested missiles that could reach Washington successfully and half a dozen hydrogen bombs. What is missing is perhaps a warhead that can survive reentry.

But as of Feb 6 2018...
North Korea is just "months away" from being able to strike the United States' mainland with a nuclear weapon, a U.S. envoy said Tuesday.

According to a report by Reuters, U.S. disarmament ambassador Robert Wood told a conference in Geneva that the country has "accelerated" its pursuit of nuclear weapons in recent months.

“North Korea has accelerated its provocative pursuit of nuclear weapons and missile capabilities, and expressed explicit threats to use nuclear weapons against the United States and its allies in the region,” Wood told the forum.
It is NOT 20 years away. Probably not 20 months. It may already be too late.

386.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:54 am

387.rampart » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Not fat or orange enough

User avatar 388.Irish Mike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Not fat or orange enough
How can you tell...vd isn't in the picture

389.Tommy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:56 pm

:nananuke:

390.evil gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:21 pm

of course your liver and/or kidneys will have failed long before then you lucky bastard
he'll have one over on the rest of us fools for sure!

391.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Not fat or orange enough
It came from Don Jr so obviously it is a misrepresentation of the truth.

But I am thinking there will be a run on Trump figures as every "Christian" will want one atop their tree now.

392.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:55 pm

If I had only thought of it sooner I would have made up ornament sets With Trump, Putin, Kim, Erdogan, Duerte, Bannon, Milo, Mussolini, David Duke, Hitler, Axehandle, George Wallace, Rosanne, etc and then boxes of smaller klansmen, Nazis, MAGA hatted gunmen, militiamen, Russian soldiers...they would have sold like hotcakes.

PS.... Jesus too of course.

393.9508 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm

I think you meant “white Jesus” right?

Up your trolling game. Geez.

394.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I think you meant “white Jesus” right?
Up your trolling game. Geez.
Sorry back when I went to church that is all there was.

User avatar 395.Denver-Gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 pm

I think this little opinion piece sums up why "words matter" and credibility matters, when it comes to what the President says.
(CNN)After a "wonderful and very warm dinner" with China's President Xi Jinping, last weekend, President Donald Trump launched a barrage of tweets extolling his great accomplishments. The Chinese, he said, had agreed to remove a 40% tariff on American car imports; they would soon start buying US agricultural products; they had apparently made major concessions as part of a 90-day pause in raising tariffs. The stock markets revved up for a big jump, believing Trump's damaging trade war was coming to an end.
But a serious problem became apparent before long: China was not confirming the details that made Trump's claims so encouraging. Reluctantly optimistic investors drove the market higher on Monday. But by Tuesday, as China's state-controlled media specifically noted that there was "no confirmation from Beijing" about parts of Trump's claims, stock markets fell into a vertiginous downward spiral. The Dow dropped a whopping 799 points.
The next day, China finally expressed optimism about trade talks (without confirming any of Trump's specific claims) but by then the market had sent two clear messages.
First, Trump's lies, exaggerations and self-serving boasts may not bother his most loyal followers, but the rest of the world is not a Trump MAGA rally. Everyone else notices that much of the time the President of the United States cannot be believed.
Second, this loss of credibility comes at a steep price. It doesn't only affect Donald Trump and his closest aides, who faithfully bolster his falsehoods, damaging their own reputation. It ultimately exacts a price from the entire nation.
The President's chronic practice of saying and doing what he thinks is good for him is making the country itself less trusted by its allies, less fiscally sound and less respected around the world. America and its people are already paying, and the costs will continue to mount.

396.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 pm

More on NC. Pretty clearly a Republican plot to steal the election. At least the supervisor isn't the candidate in this case....
The executive director of the North Carolina Republican Party says he supports a new election if allegations of fraud in the 9th Congressional District race are proven true and it impacted the outcome of the race.

Dallas Woodhouse claimed to CNN's Drew Griffin he was so upset after watching CNN's coverage of the controversy last night, he vomited.

"This has shaken us to the core," he said.
It has been going on for a while.....
Harris, a Baptist minister who ousted Rep. Robert Pittenger in a Republican primary this year, leads Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes. But investigators are probing whether some absentee ballots were altered by Dowless and a loosely connected group working with him or collected from voters but never turned in.

Dowless worked for Red Dome Group, a GOP political consulting firm that Harris paid more than $400,000.

Dowless earned more than $23,000 working on six campaigns dating back to 2010, and in most of those races, Dowless' candidates received a disproportionately higher percentage of absentee votes in Bladen County.

397.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:53 pm

I think this little opinion piece sums up why "words matter" and credibility matters, when it comes to what the President says.
(CNN)After a "wonderful and very warm dinner" with China's President Xi Jinping, last weekend, President Donald Trump launched a barrage of tweets extolling his great accomplishments. The Chinese, he said, had agreed to remove a 40% tariff on American car imports; they would soon start buying US agricultural products; they had apparently made major concessions as part of a 90-day pause in raising tariffs. The stock markets revved up for a big jump, believing Trump's damaging trade war was coming to an end.
But a serious problem became apparent before long: China was not confirming the details that made Trump's claims so encouraging. Reluctantly optimistic investors drove the market higher on Monday. But by Tuesday, as China's state-controlled media specifically noted that there was "no confirmation from Beijing" about parts of Trump's claims, stock markets fell into a vertiginous downward spiral. The Dow dropped a whopping 799 points.
The next day, China finally expressed optimism about trade talks (without confirming any of Trump's specific claims) but by then the market had sent two clear messages.
First, Trump's lies, exaggerations and self-serving boasts may not bother his most loyal followers, but the rest of the world is not a Trump MAGA rally. Everyone else notices that much of the time the President of the United States cannot be believed.
Second, this loss of credibility comes at a steep price. It doesn't only affect Donald Trump and his closest aides, who faithfully bolster his falsehoods, damaging their own reputation. It ultimately exacts a price from the entire nation.
The President's chronic practice of saying and doing what he thinks is good for him is making the country itself less trusted by its allies, less fiscally sound and less respected around the world. America and its people are already paying, and the costs will continue to mount.
Trump lied, market died. Make America a recession economy again!

398.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 pm

WSOC-TV reporter Joe Bruno says people have told him they illegally picked up absentee ballots and delivered them to the man at the center of a potential voter fraud scandal in North Carolina.

399.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:42 pm

The Treasury Department estimated in October that the federal government would issue $1.34 trillion in new debt during 2018 — a 146% jump from 2017
The GOP's new tax law is expected to add $1.5 trillion to the debt over 10 years and drive the US's exploding deficit.
Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.

400.9508 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:41 am

So how does this work?

Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else