Frost Loses a heartbreaker in OT

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.RIP » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 pm

To remain winless. Yikes. He has one hell of a rebuild on his hands.

2.MoralityULack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:02 pm

:cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3.rampart » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Yeh F huskers forever

User avatar 4.GFY » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:15 pm

To remain winless. Yikes. He has one hell of a rebuild on his hands.
:second:

5.MoralityULack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Go golden Bears

User avatar 6.GFY » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Go golden Bears
Bruins with a beat down.

7.MoralityULack » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Go golden Bears
Bruins with a beat down.
Oh well 1-5 is still ok

8.gatorbreeze » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:10 pm

It's going to be a real long and cold winter in Lincoln.

9.Flight of the Gator » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Frost will soon hear it from the alumni if that shit keeps up...if not already.

10.52:20 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 am

He’s hearing it I’m sure. Winless for a program with their history is unacceptable.

11.rampart » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 am

He’s hearing it I’m sure. Winless for a program with their history is unacceptable.
I’m sure he is. Dude looks exhausted and demoralized.

But, Don’t they play Bethune cookman or some other patsy? That SHOULD be a win. But I sincerely hope they lose and go 0’fr

User avatar 12.DocZaius » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:40 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... -campaign/

‘Honestly, it’s not for everyone,’ says Nebraska’s self-deprecating new tourism campaign

Nebraska has an image problem. For four consecutive years, it’s come in dead last on a list of states that tourists are interested in visiting, according to the travel marketing research firm MMGY Global. Even though travel writers routinely praise Omaha’s music and art scenes and the state’s spectacular wildlife, people on the coasts tend to think of Nebraska as a really long cornfield they have to drive through to reach the Rockies.

So tourism officials are trying out a new approach. On Wednesday, the Nebraska Tourism Commission revealed its new slogan: “Honestly, it’s not for everyone.”

Yes, it’s real. And no, it’s not an attempt at reverse psychology. A news release from the Nebraska Tourism Commission acknowledges that the state “may not be on everyone’s bucket list of places to visit.” But, the commission said, “if you like experiences that are unpretentious and uncomplicated or if you enjoy escaping the big city life for moments of solitude in the open plains, creating your own fun or exploring the quirkiness the state has to offer, chances are, you will like it here.”

The tagline is featured in ads that will begin running next spring, with the goal of changing people’s perception of Nebraska as a place where there’s nothing to do, the commission said. One shows hikers on a rock formation alongside the phrase, “Famous for our flat, boring landscape.” Another features a waterfall running through a lush forest and the line, “Another day on the dusty plains.”

User avatar 13.Denver-Gator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm

I would imagine that there are a few interesting places on the Platte River that runs through the middle of the state. Not much else. The only time I went there was to go to Omaha to see the Gators lose to Texas in the CWS. Haven't been back since.

I did stop by Lincoln. They had nice facilities, but good God I don't see why any kid from HS that could play ball would want to go there vs somewhere with hills, mountains, a bling bling city, or the beach close by. There's just nothing there other than the football stadium and grain elevators

14.MoralityULack » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:02 pm

I taught a class at a company in Omaha. I didn't hear a single thing positive from any of the students.

15.gatorbreeze » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Their stadium is nice.

User avatar 16.RIP » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Uhh that's the Patriot's stadium :lol:

17.evil gator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 pm

I would imagine that there are a few interesting places on the Platte River that runs through the middle of the state. Not much else. The only time I went there was to go to Omaha to see the Gators lose to Texas in the CWS. Haven't been back since.

I did stop by Lincoln. They had nice facilities, but good God I don't see why any kid from HS that could play ball would want to go there vs somewhere with hills, mountains, a bling bling city, or the beach close by. There's just nothing there other than the football stadium and grain elevators
pretty much true of most the big 10 schools and a lot of schools outside of Florida or the pac 10 really.

User avatar 18.Denver-Gator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:47 pm

pretty much true of most the big 10 schools and a lot of schools outside of Florida or the pac 10 really.
I can't talk for the Big-10 because I haven't been to a lot of those places, but for the PAC 12, most of those places at least have mountains, and the others are either in big cities, or really close.

19.evil gator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:13 pm

I can't talk for the Big-10 because I haven't been to a lot of those places, but for the PAC 12, most of those places at least have mountains, and the others are either in big cities, or really close.
yes that's why I noted that. Most college locations suck and are on the level of Nebraska; I've been to a lot of shitty college towns.

User avatar 20.99inNC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 pm

yes that's why I noted that. Most college locations suck and are on the level of Nebraska; I've been to a lot of shitty college towns.
I've told this story before, but it bears repeating. When visiting colleges my senior year, I visited many out-of-state colleges. I was smart in high school and got into some great schools. I visited Northwestern, Syracuse, Mizzou, Duke and UNC. I wanted to be a journo, so the first three all had great journo schools.
Fuck Chicago in winter.
Fuck Missouri in winter.
Fuck New York in winter.
I actually liked the Duke and UNC campuses, but shit they were expensive for private and out-of-state tuition respectively.

Then I visited Florida. Girls in sun dresses. Beautiful campus. Great school. Fun school. Gorgeous girls. Sunshine. Good football team. Girls. Great school.

It wasn't a hard decision.

User avatar 21.Denver-Gator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:30 pm

I've told this story before, but it bears repeating. When visiting colleges my senior year, I visited many out-of-state colleges. I was smart in high school and got into some great schools. I visited Northwestern, Syracuse, Mizzou, Duke and UNC. I wanted to be a journo, so the first three all had great journo schools.
Fuck Chicago in winter.
Fuck Missouri in winter.
Fuck New York in winter.
I actually liked the Duke and UNC campuses, but shit they were expensive for private and out-of-state tuition respectively.

Then I visited Florida. Girls in sun dresses. Beautiful campus. Great school. Fun school. Gorgeous girls. Sunshine. Good football team. Girls. Great school.

It wasn't a hard decision.
I attended Duke one summer between my Jr and Sr year in High School because I had good SAT scores, or something like that. It was fun, but I met some people who went there and found out that the main form of birth control at Duke was "an aspirin held firmly between the knees". That helped my decision making process.

22.evil gator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:40 pm

yeah I think if you've mainly lived in beautiful areas you have no idea how shitty the rest of the country is by comparison. Lincoln is like a huge swath of the US

23.gatorbreeze » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:50 pm

:lol: Can't trust f'n google. :bananablackeye:

User avatar 24.Denver-Gator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:12 pm

nor your old man reading glasses

User avatar 25.RIP » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 pm

the damned patriots logo is in the middle of the field :lol:
Sort by