Driving/Work/General bitch thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 901.DocZaius » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

hopefully it's not a smart phone.
It is, but we have it set up so that he needs my approval before downloading any apps. We've given him a bunch of rules, including no social media, can't use it in his bedroom or bathroom, etc.

Most of his teachers are using some kind of app for class, so a smart phone made sense (rather than sharing with one of his classmates, which he had been doing). He's a good kid, and pretty responsible, so we took the plunge.
Good luck. How are you going to monitor internet usage? My friend just got his 15 year old his first phone...a flip phone. I think that's brilliant.
We thought about going the flip-phone route, but it sounds like school is using apps more and more. We even (only half-jokingly) told him that we're going to get him a Jitterbug.

Internet monitoring is something that we know we won't always been able to control. For now, we trust him - I spy on his browsing history at home and the worst I've found is that he watches YouTubers who occasionally use bad language (all video-game related stuff). He's pretty good about following the ground rules we lay out for him.

I know that will probably change when puberty hits.

User avatar 902.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 pm

He's already heard people cussing? Dude is going to be a gang banging drug dealer.

Sorry, Doc.

User avatar 903.RIP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm

It is, but we have it set up so that he needs my approval before downloading any apps. We've given him a bunch of rules, including no social media, can't use it in his bedroom or bathroom, etc.

Most of his teachers are using some kind of app for class, so a smart phone made sense (rather than sharing with one of his classmates, which he had been doing). He's a good kid, and pretty responsible, so we took the plunge.
Good luck. How are you going to monitor internet usage? My friend just got his 15 year old his first phone...a flip phone. I think that's brilliant.
We thought about going the flip-phone route, but it sounds like school is using apps more and more. We even (only half-jokingly) told him that we're going to get him a Jitterbug.

Internet monitoring is something that we know we won't always been able to control. For now, we trust him - I spy on his browsing history at home and the worst I've found is that he watches YouTubers who occasionally use bad language (all video-game related stuff). He's pretty good about following the ground rules we lay out for him.

I know that will probably change when puberty hits.
I can definitely assure you he's discovered incognito browsing and/or erasing his history one page at a time.

User avatar 904.DocZaius » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 pm

No he's a good boy.

User avatar 905.RIP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 pm

mm hmm

User avatar 906.ufgators68 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Massachusetts accents make me want to stab my ears with ice picks.

907.Juggs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:06 pm

FDOT completely renumbered their design manual index. By a lot. Curb and Gutter went from index 300 to 520-001.

WTF guys? We've been using the same index numbers for decades :facepalm:

User avatar 908.evs' Boytoy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Nice salad for lunch and not a fork within range. FML.

909.HG 2.0 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:22 pm

FDOT completely renumbered their design manual index. By a lot. Curb and Gutter went from index 300 to 520-001.

WTF guys? We've been using the same index numbers for decades :facepalm:
Kinda like when CSI numbers changed. Bastrds

User avatar 910.ufgators68 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Every year, around this time, the President of my company buys bbq plates from the VFW. Usually they are very good. This year... shit smells like charcoal starter. It is so strong it smells like they applied it directly to the meat.

I passed on the plate offered to me. :puke:

User avatar 911.RIP » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Every year, around this time, the President of my company buys bbq plates from the VFW. Usually they are very good. This year... shit smells like charcoal starter. It is so strong it smells like they applied it directly to the meat.

I can't stand it when people don't just use a damn chimney or a torch to start charcoal.

912.evil gator » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:32 pm

I can't stand it when people don't just use a damn chimney or a torch to start charcoal.
agree, that lighter fluid is disgusting. it has happened at several bbqs I have been at where the cook is drunk and ruins all the meat.

User avatar 913.RIP » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:09 pm

agree, that lighter fluid is disgusting. it has happened at several bbqs I have been at where the cook is drunk and ruins all the meat.
my BIL once sprayed lighter fluid on the coals WHILE the damned food was cooking. We were all drunk so we ate the stuff but I was tasting lighter fluid for days.

914.evil gator » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:10 pm

my BIL once sprayed lighter fluid on the coals WHILE the damned food was cooking. We were all drunk so we ate the stuff but I was tasting lighter fluid for days.
yep, I have witnessed this. It should be outlawed, like you said the chimney isn't that effing hard

User avatar 915.evs' Boytoy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:18 pm

If you aren't using a bow drill or flint and steel, Juggs will be along to mock you.

User avatar 916.RIP » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:19 pm

If you aren't using a bow drill or flint and steel, Juggs will be along to mock you.
i just chuck a myriad of tomahawks at the coals until they eventually spark.

User avatar 917.panamag8or » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:01 pm

I figured you just vaped your meat.

User avatar 918.RIP » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 pm

I figured you just vaped your meat.
That's how I eat the leftovers.

919.gatorbreeze » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:20 am

920.evil gator » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:25 pm

SO I think I mentioned I am doing the work of an additional 1.5 people. The "work" of the guy who left is an utter shit sandwich. So I am preparing for this symposium he started to set up, and instead of leaving a file with the descriptions or god forbid an agenda. he instead printed up a bunch of emails then pdf'd the thing. Like he did more work to make it harder for me. Thanks dickweed.

Oh and also he got tons of personal and spam email so its pretty impossible to find anything substantive or useful.

Breeze that fuckign gif is fucking annoying as hell

921.gatorbreeze » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Tried to find one of a gas station pickle but no joy.

922.Juggs » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:46 pm

I've been tasked to learning and testing the FDOT add-on to our design software. I'm so bored watching their webinars :suicide:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else