New and improved shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

701.9508 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 pm

I don’t believe in shooting the messenger, but I’ll make an exception for news like this.

User avatar 702.Cus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Yeah, saw him go off the field favoring that shoulder and thought "Ohhhhh shit!".

User avatar 703.angrigator » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Damn it!

704.gatorbreeze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 pm

:mad: We're on the road but I dvr'd it. That f'n suuuuuuucks about cee cee!

User avatar 705.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Holy shit, I noted I was ready to suit up on twitter and Kevin Carter liked my tweet!!!
You let him hit that?

User avatar 706.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Since I don't feel like going back through old posts, is anyone here butthurt about our team/fans actually having fun at the Spring game and not putting on some sort of tactical clinic?

707.rampart » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Since I don't feel like going back through old posts, is anyone here butthurt about our team/fans actually having fun at the Spring game and not putting on some sort of tactical clinic?
No one here that I've seen. But yes, there are gator fans throwing hissy fits over it.

User avatar 708.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:23 pm

No one here that I've seen. But yes, there are gator fans throwing hissy fits over it.
Oh I know there are these shitbirds elsewhere, that's why I brought it up. I was just making sure no one here was pulling that shit.

User avatar 709.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm

The author of one of my favorite hits ever says Gators set to return to greatness as "all the pieces are in place."
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flor ... len-gators

I still think Manny Johnson died after that hit.

User avatar 710.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Big-time top 100 WR Mycah Pittman says his comfort level with Gators coaches is increasing.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flor ... fort-level
Top-100 overall recruit Mycah Pittman has become part of Dan Mullen’s daily routine.

Florida is one of more than two dozen schools recruiting the 4-star wide receiver from Calabasas, Calif. In an effort to separate himself from the pack, the first-year Gators coach has found a unique way to communicate regularly with Pittman.

“Every morning I wake up to a Coach Mullen text,” Pittman said. “He sends me quotes about hard work and all that. It’s awesome. I love getting them. He’s always telling me about dedication. Nothing is given to you easy. You have to go get it if you really want it.
If Mullen wins one title at this school, he will jump to #2 behind Spurrier in my book.

User avatar 711.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm

"On the Beat" - reflections and takeaways after Moolyn's first Spring as Gators HC.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flor ... dan-mullen

Corso says Gator head is his least favorite to wear on GameDay. Boo hoo.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/lee- ... ge-gameday
“I hate the Florida Gators anyhow, being a Florida State man,” Corso told AL.com’s Mark Heim in a recent interview. “I hate to put the Florida Gator head on. The Florida Gator head is long and funny looking. It scrapes my nose. Every time I put that thing on I get scraped and blood comes down my face.”
Fuck you, too. The only reason we're not meaner is because you're old and had a stroke.
Last edited by 99inNC on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 712.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Gators improve standing with many Spring Game visiting recruits.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flor ... -kimbrough
Derek Stingley Jr., a 5-star cornerback from Baton Rouge, La., named Florida in his top 6 last month with Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Stanford and Texas.

Stingley moved the Gators up his leaderboard Saturday.

“It was a nice spring game and there was no point during the day when I was bored. I got to see everything I wanted to see,” Stingley told SEC Country. “It helps out their case really good. This is my first game here, so getting to see all that bumped them up higher.”

Another cornerback from Louisiana — 4-star recruit Chester Kimbrough — was on commitment watch this past weekend. He didn’t pull the trigger while in Gainesville, but the New Orleans product named Florida his No. 1 school.
Florida also took the lead for 3-star cornerback Cordale Flott (Saraland, Ala.), according to John Garcia of 247Sports. Flott couldn’t attend the spring game because of he had to take the SAT, so he visited campus Friday and moved the Gators ahead of Alabama, Auburn and Ole Miss.

Former Florida commit Tyrique Stevenson, a top-100 defensive back from Miami, made a surprise trip to the game. The Gators improved their chances with him as well.

“It was pretty exciting and pretty great,” Stevenson said of his visit. “I saw the vibe and I liked it. It just feels better. I got an even better vibe than I got when I was committed. It just opened my eyes up to a lot.”

The Gators also established themselves as a finalist for 4-star running back/wide receiver Mark-Antony Richards, a top-50 overall athlete from West Palm Beach, Fla. He plans to return to Florida for an official visit.
Nice work, staff.

713.rampart » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm

We hate him wearing it just as much as he does. Bad luck Nole juju

User avatar 714.ufgators68 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm

I still think Manny Johnson died after that hit.
And every OU receiver was hearing footsteps the rest of the game. :lol:

User avatar 715.Cus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Corso says Gator head is his least favorite to wear on GameDay. Boo hoo.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/lee- ... ge-gameday
“I hate the Florida Gators anyhow, being a Florida State man,” Corso told AL.com’s Mark Heim in a recent interview. “I hate to put the Florida Gator head on. The Florida Gator head is long and funny looking. It scrapes my nose. Every time I put that thing on I get scraped and blood comes down my face.”
Fuck you, too. The only reason we're not meaner is because your old and had a stroke.
If he's going to put himself in play like this f his oldness and his stroke. He can totter his old bitter ass off to the Old Jackasses Home anytime.

I can see him with Farina on his chin yelling at the old lady scooting her wheelchair along with her feet who takes 15 minutes to go 20 feet...

"NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!"

User avatar 716.Cus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm

“It was pretty exciting and pretty great,” Stevenson said of his visit. “I saw the vibe and I liked it. It just feels better. I got an even better vibe than I got when I was committed. It just opened my eyes up to a lot.”
So recommit shithead.

717.MoralityULack » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

If Mullen wins one title at this school, he will jump to #2 behind Spurrier in my book.
Already there for me.

User avatar 718.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Already there for me.
I get that. As much as I don't like Urbs, that f won 2 titles.

719.MoralityULack » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Already there for me.
..with Mullen as OC and none after that.

720.evil gator » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Already there for me.
zactly.

721.Juggs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Already there for me.
..with Mullen as OC and none after that.
With Percy and Tebow combination.

User avatar 722.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:36 pm

"Good Morning, Gators" takes a look back at the Spring QB competition.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flor ... dan-mullen
No starter named as it was never the intention. Trask makes an impression. Franks makes strides. Jones eases into first spring. Other shlinks.

Cole Cubelic calls Florida program "much more of a rebuild than any of us want to believe."
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/cole ... me-rebuild
“I’ve said I think Dan Mullen is going to win a title down there, and I really believe that,” Cubelic said before dropping the hammer. “But I think it is much more of a rebuild than any of us want to believe. I think we look at what Jeremy [Pruitt] has got at Tennessee, that’s a rebuild. We look at what Jimbo [Fisher] has [at Texas A&M] and what [Joe] Moorhead has in Starkville, not so much of a rebuild as much as it something the probably need to come in and remold a little bit. This is closer to a rebuild in Gainesville than a lot of people believe.”
Before you shit on his objective take, it was more of an indictment on the Mac era as he goes on to say:
“I talked to [Gators co-offensive coordinator] John Hevesy, I talked to [Gators special teams coordinator] Greg Knox, I talked to Dan Mullen,” Cubelic said. “They all talked about ‘we’re starting over.’ They went back to base fundamentals — how to get in a stance, how to line up, steps on a route, when to break off a route, I mean basic, fundamental football stuff that apparently those players had gotten away from and didn’t really have a great concept of.

“So maybe it’s going to take a little bit longer. Florida fans need to be a little bit patient.”

723.rampart » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 pm

I'll be happy with a winning season, bowl game victory, noticeable improvement on offense, and another year of solid recruiting.

724.shutout » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Florida fans need to be a little bit patient.
[/quote]

:198:

User avatar 725.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Dooley's "Back Nine" leads with strong words: "Florida's run of ineptitude is over." Drop the hammer, Pat. :lol:
http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/04/the- ... e-is-over/
10. After saying that he thinks the passes to former players didn't get big responses due to fans wanting current players catching them, he offered this:
If Florida can be OK (like top 50?) on offense and elite on defense, it will have a shot at a good year. But this is a coach who is building a program and it’s only going to get better. I truly believe the Run of Ineptitude is over. Florida finished 104th or worse in total offense six of the last seven years. The other time it finished 96th. That’s done. Kaput. Finished. I think.
11. Our UAA remains top notch as evidenced by Saturday's events in the 'Ville: Spring game, SEC matches in women's tennis in a packed venue, 2 douleheaders for baseball and softball, and lacrosse. Expect the North Lawn experience (replete with beer garden) to continue to grow so it becomes its own version of The Grove.
12. Though Saturday's events in the Swamp may not guarantee wins in the Fall, it should help with recruits. Also o/u for wins for SEC teams; Florida's is at 7 and Dools takes the over as he says this feels like an 8-win team.
13. Want to know how dominant the baseball/softball teams are right now, here are combined stats: A 69-13 record, 24-6 in SEC play; A .983 fielding percentage (yes, I learned how to figure it); A .297 batting average with 91 home runs; A 2.32 ERA. Yeah, that's very good.
14. 'Bama doesn't get everything they want as Sankey refuses to give blessing on a potential Tide hiring of Freeze.
15. Lady's tennis fell to 2nd in regular season SEC losing to Vandy in final match of SEC season. SEC's and NCAA's are up next.
16. Horford and Billy D are things to celebrate in NBA for Gators.
17. A Tweet about Secretariat is Tweet of the Week.
18. Songs.

Be surly.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else