Harry Anderson

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.GFY » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 am

2.MoralityULack » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 am

Sucks. He had just opened a Magic Club in New Orleans when Katrina hit. He evacuated to Austin and the apartments we lived in gave him an open apartment for a few months. He spoke at the club hose and my wife went and talked to him for a long time. She really liked him.

He said the water was non existent to about a foot deep in places in the Quarter and CBD and after a couple days his wife went out to get some supplies and talked to a guardsman who she realized after a while was not really a guardsman but some wacko playing army. They decided to evacuate and they drove around for a while bit, but found an open ramp to I-10 and had a clear shot on the highway. They got to the west end of Pontchartrain and ran into all sorts of equipment and supplies. He said it was bullshit that people and supplies couldn't get in. Roads we good and open and the did it in a sedan. The aid was held up administratively.

3.gatorbreeze » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:35 am

Sucks. He had just opened a Magic Club in New Orleans when Katrina hit. He evacuated to Austin and the apartments we lived in gave him an open apartment for a few months. He spoke at the club hose and my wife went and talked to him for a long time. She really liked him.

He said the water was non existent to about a foot deep in places in the Quarter and CBD and after a couple days his wife went out to get some supplies and talked to a guardsman who she realized after a while was not really a guardsman but some wacko playing army. They decided to evacuate and they drove around for a while bit, but found an open ramp to I-10 and had a clear shot on the highway. They got to the west end of Pontchartrain and ran into all sorts of equipment and supplies. He said it was bullshit that people and supplies couldn't get in. Roads we good and open and the did it in a sedan. The aid was held up administratively.
My daughter had been an EMT in NOLA for about 6 months before Katrina. She, another EMT and 3 firefighters, along with their ambulance, had been out stationed in the 9th ward. If by "administration" you mean the former Mayor Ray Nagin, you are correct. Ms. Breeze and I were there for my birthday, but she was activated, so we wandered the quarter Friday the 26th, typical Friday night, people drinking and partying. I got up early the next day figuring there would be a mandatory evacuation. The mayor got on TV and 'recommended' people evacuate, no order, just a recommendation. He also refused state and federal offers of help. We packed the car the morning of the 27th and headed east on I-10, there were just a few cars on the road, 3 hours later we were home, flipped on the TV and I-10 was a slow moving parking lot. I didn't hear from my daughter for over a week, didn't know she was alive until General Honore got there with Task Force Katrina and started evacuating people. Saw her on TV at the airport, loading people on aircraft. The Louisiana fish and game people came by in a boat and rescued her, the other EMT and the firefighters after they had spent 4 days in a high rise with bodies floating around them.

Did Bush drop the ball after the flooding? You bet. Nagin couldn't even find the damned ball much less recognize it. The dumbass refused state and federal help, couldn't even organize an evacuation, had no plans, no drivers for the school buses, so they got flooded. Some roads were open, some were not. Oh by the way:

On January 18, 2013, Nagin was indicted on 21 corruption charges, including wire fraud, conspiracy, bribery, money laundering, and filing false tax returns related to bribes from city contractors.[6][61] The 21-count federal corruption charges were issued by a grand jury.[62] On February 20, 2013, Nagin pleaded not guilty in federal court to all charges.[4][63] Despite New Orleans' long history of political corruption, Nagin was the first mayor to be criminally charged for corruption in office.[64]
Nagin was convicted on 20 of the 21 counts by jury on February 12, 2014.[5] These charges included that he had taken more than $500,000 in payouts from businessmen in exchange for millions of dollars' worth of city contracts.[5][65]
Judge Helen Ginger Berrigan, a Bill Clinton appointee to the federal bench, ordered a pre-sentencing investigation. On July 9, 2014, Nagin was sentenced to ten years' imprisonment, and more than $585,000 in restitution and forfeiture.[8] Berrigan recommended that Nagin be sent to the Federal Correctional Complex, Oakdale.[66] On July 15, 2014, Nagin's attorney filed an appeal with the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.[67]
On September 3, 2014, a judge deemed Nagin indigent and ordered the Federal Public Defender's Office to take over his appeal. Nagin said he was near penniless and relying on food stamps.[68] Nagin reported to the Federal Correctional Institution, Texarkana, a prison camp, on September 8, 2014.[69] Nagin, Bureau of Prisons (BOP) #32751-034, is presently incarcerated at this facility. His earliest possible release date is May 25, 2023.[70]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Nagin

Going to jail for political corruption in NOLA is like being arrested for a traffic violation on 285 in Atlanta. You have to been really stupid, crazy, arrogant or all of the above.
Last edited by gatorbreeze on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 4.Irish Mike » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 am

What does all this shit have to do with Markie Post's tits?

5.gatorbreeze » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 am

:lol: Touche'

6.Tommy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:15 am

Asheville huh? Probably overdosed on Biscuitheads

User avatar 7.DocZaius » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 am

SpoilerShow
Sorry, I don't think she's ever been naked in anything.

User avatar 8.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm

I loved that show as a kid. I rewatched it later on as an adult and it still held up and I got a lot more of the Larroquette jokes. :lol:

9.Juggs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Wait....hasn't VD been bragging about living in a million dollar house since before Katrina, but here he lives in an apartment?

10.HG 2.0 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:04 pm

SpoilerShow
Sorry, I don't think she's ever been naked in anything.
Nice

User avatar 11.99inNC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Yes indeed
SpoilerShow

12.MoralityULack » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Wait....hasn't VD been bragging about living in a million dollar house since before Katrina, but here he lives in an apartment?
None of the above.

We rented a condo in the Quarter until 2002 and looked at buying there. But I never could pull the trigger because I worried that with a hurricane, even if we wouldn't go under, the city would be fucked for years and you wouldn't be able to sell. Besides I was commuting in Houston. We bought a house in Houston. That started looking like a pretty good move a few years later.

Three years later we moved to Austin. We got an apartment in early 2005 . And then I did 7 months in SLC because the guy I was supposed to go there to ease in got canned (Felony in background check). I took his place to smooth things over. We came back and eventually bought a house in 2006 for $250K. Its not a million dollars, but they just sold a half dozen houses within 3 blocks for $600- 650K and scraped the houses. They build a duplex and sell each unit for $900K. Our house is newer than most. We might get more if someone wants the house. Ive thought about doing the new build myself, but I am afraid to put out that much up front when I think we have a bad recession coming. It would be a big gamble to get it done and sold in time.

13.evil gator » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm

nothings more exciting than home values

User avatar 14.Irish Mike » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Ccurle still won't sleep with you.

15.HG 2.0 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 pm

And sounds to me like he’s that one house that brings all the other values way down...

16.Tommy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Yeah, because I think he’s that mentally ill dude who walks around in a bikini

User avatar 17.Cus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Couldn't find any stills that weren't photoshopped but apparently there was a scene in a movie..

User avatar 18.RIP » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 pm

HOTLINK DENIED!!!!
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else