Joe Biden's First Political Thread

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1926.PG. » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:44 pm

So you think, I mean you know, he will be indicted. For what? Statutory rape?

1927.52:20 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:46 pm

I don’t know for sure, but I’m confident I’ll be getting the 5000 tugbux, and yes statutory rape across state lines maybe trafficking

1928.PG. » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:49 pm

I should have put a time limit on the bet. I will never get paid as you will say they are still working on it. I inferred this indictment was imminent.

1929.Denver-Gator » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm

I should have put a time limit on the bet. I will never get paid as you will say they are still working on it. I inferred this indictment was imminent.
And you're 4445 tgb bux short. I'm not sure you can make that much.

As far as sleaze goes, should we just not accept it, whether or not someone has a (D) , (R) or (I) by their name?

User avatar 1930.DocZaius » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:35 pm

Point of clarification: the age of consent in many states is less than 18, so depending on the particulars, a statutory rape charge may not be in the cards.

It IS a federal crime, however, to transport a minor across state lines in order to have sex with her in exchange for money (or other things of value), no matter what the age of consent is in that state.

So look for the latter rather than the former, especially since the feds are doing the investigation.

1932.52:20 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/ ... erg-479454. This doesn’t prove guilt, but looks like Greenberg may be snitching

1933.52:20 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:50 pm

Biden is going to send Kamila out to take everybody's guns tomorrow.

1934.evil gator » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/ ... erg-479454. This doesn’t prove guilt, but looks like Greenberg may be snitching
Dc reporters get such a hardon about guns in the hinterlands

User avatar 1936.MoralityULack » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 pm

The New York Times has obtained an early copy of former House Speaker John Boehner’s new book titled On the House: A Washington Memoir, which appears to include a number of critiques of members of his own Republican party. Perhaps most noteworthy? He blames former President Donald Trump for the deadly insurrection on the Capitol perpetrated by his supporters on Jan. 6.

Originally reported by Maggie Haberman, the Times reveals a number of shocking passages, not least of which is the claim that Trump “incited that bloody insurrection for nothing more than selfish reasons, perpetuated by the bullshit he’d been shoveling since he lost a fair election the previous November.”

At another point, he writes, “I’ll admit I wasn’t prepared for what came after the election — Trump refusing to accept the results and stoking the flames of conspiracy that turned into violence in the seat of our democracy, the building over which I once presided.”

He adds: “Watching it was scary, and sad. It should have been a wake-up call for a return to Republican sanity.” Nodding to the divisions between the parties in Congress now, he writes, “Whatever they end up doing, or not doing, none of it will compare to one of the lowest points of American democracy that we lived through in January 2021.”
Earlier excerpts trash Roger Ailes as mentally ill paranoid and hiding in a bomb shelter, Hannity, Bachmann, and Cruz.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... rpt-478506

User avatar 1937.MoralityULack » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Georgias Republican Lt Gov. says publicly Trump and Rudy's LIES lead to the vote suppression.
"This is really the fallout from the 10 weeks of misinformation that flew in from former President Donald Trump," Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan said on CNN's "New Day." "I went back over the weekend to really look at where this really started to gain momentum in the legislature, and it was when Rudy Giuliani showed up in a couple of committee rooms and spent hours spreading misinformation and sowing doubt across, you know, hours of testimony."

User avatar 1938.RIP » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Huh?
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

1939.PG. » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Right after Goetz is indicted.

1940.52:20 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:31 pm

Huh?
Doing an executive order on guns tomorrow, not sure what it’s going to entail

User avatar 1941.RIP » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Huh?
Doing an executive order on guns tomorrow, not sure what it’s going to entail
Gotcha. I'm assuming it will be the extended waiting period/background check required for all purchases as well as possibly a ban on high capacity magazines.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 1942.MoralityULack » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Better faster background checks and closing loopholes like private sales, and guns built/assembled at home - which I gather are turning up a lot these days.

I dont think they can do magazines by executive action.

User avatar 1943.Irish Mike » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 pm

Better faster background checks are fine but there should be a limit on the wait. There is one now, if they dont perform the bg check in a set time the sale goes through. That should remain. Maybe extended the time. Dont care. But there has to be a timeframe to prevent feet dragging from blocking sales.

User avatar 1944.RIP » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:05 am

Better faster background checks are fine but there should be a limit on the wait. There is one now, if they dont perform the bg check in a set time the sale goes through. That should remain. Maybe extended the time. Dont care. But there has to be a timeframe to prevent feet dragging from blocking sales.
Yeah right now it's 3 days. I'd be fine with extending it to 10. Anybody can wait an extra week to pick up their gun.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

1945.52:20 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:11 am

Yes, should be able to do a background check in that time too.

User avatar 1946.MoralityULack » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:14 am

GEORGIA GOV’S ANSWER TO LONG VOTING LINES: ‘ORDER UBER EATS’
Cake, presumably.

Actually i'm surprised he didn't specify watermelon and fried chicken.

1947.9508 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:54 am

Yeah right now it's 3 days. I'd be fine with extending it to 10. Anybody can wait an extra week to pick up their gun.
Here you can either buy the gun and come back in a week and get it, or, go pay 5 bucks and get pre cleared and pick up a certificate from the sheriff’s office (usually in 3-7 days) that you can use to buy a gun anytime you want. I think the certs are good so long as the Sheriff is in office.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

1948.evil gator » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 pm

Haven't some of the crimes by douchebags who shouldn't have guns been cases where the sheriffs or whomever don't catch a flag? what's the answer, some better data handling?

1949.52:20 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:14 pm

Haven't some of the crimes by douchebags who shouldn't have guns been cases where the sheriffs or whomever don't catch a flag? what's the answer, some better data handling?
Sheriff goes to jail

User avatar 1950.DocZaius » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/0 ... uns-479704

Meh. Ghost gun regs, red flag law legislation, appointment of an ATF director, a report on firearms trafficking and using federal money to "curb community violence" whatever that means.

There's not a whole lot he can do by EO, guns are highly regulated by statute and regulations already.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else