newmex Memorial Shlink Thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1201.99inNC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:40 pm

I stand corrected that CFN would wait until the game was over. :lol:
https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/01 ... irst-guess

They do think Florida is top 4.

1202.evil gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:05 pm

seems fair. Hopefully will live up when we the favorites for the east.

but, How can Kyle not be our biggest positive? the O line is important but holy crap.

User avatar 1203.99inNC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:14 pm

but, How can Kyle not be our biggest positive? the O line is important but holy crap.
Agreed. And I sure as shit hope that our O-line learns to fucking run block.

1204.Tommy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Maybe because they think OL will not suck quite as bad? Loaded OL? Did they only watch the VA game??Think we’ll be fine w Pitts, Grimes, Copeland, and a couple others will step up.

1205.evil gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Maybe because they think OL will not suck quite as bad? Loaded OL? Did they only watch the VA game??Think we’ll be fine w Pitts, Grimes, Copeland, and a couple others will step up.
one of the sr. wrs, I think Hammond, said there are several redshirted WRs that are awesome and we will love.

1206.Tommy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Hope Heggie and Forsyth block better in 2020, they’re both RS Srs, tabtimes they were awful, especially Heggie

User avatar 1207.Cus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 pm

one of the sr. wrs, I think Hammond, said there are several redshirted WRs that are awesome and we will love.
That would be Whittemore, Marks, and Weston.

1208.evil gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 pm

yes that law firm.

User avatar 1209.Irish Mike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:11 pm

yes that law firm.
Bendini, Lambert & Locke was better.

User avatar 1210.DocZaius » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:44 pm

1211.52:20 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:07 pm

Is that orgeron?

1212.gatorbreeze » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:01 pm

I think Copeland is going to have a breakout year, he had some nice catches this season...IF he stays healthy.
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

1213.Fishon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:12 am

Is that orgeron?
that's orgeron's life coach

1214.Supes44444 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:30 am

How do they determine who the best 11 college football players of all time are? It’s totally subjective.

1215.Supes44444 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:56 am

Since the jags fired DeFilippo, they should go after LSU OC Brady. Not that they will or that it’s the right choice per se, but because LSU needs to go back to somewhat relevant and not extremely relevant

1216.rampart » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 am

Since the jags fired DeFilippo, they should go after LSU OC Brady. Not that they will or that it’s the right choice per se, but because LSU needs to go back to somewhat relevant and not extremely relevant
Reasonable

1217.GFY » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:41 pm

AP Poll

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Oregon
6. Florida
7. Oklahoma
8. Alabama
9. Penn State
10. Minnesota
11. Wisconsin
12. Notre Dame
13. Baylor
14. Auburn
15. Iowa
16. Utah
17. Memphis
18. Michigan
19. Appalachian State
20. Navy
21. Cincinnati
22. Air Force
23. Boise State
24. UCF
25. Texas

User avatar 1218.99inNC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:07 pm

I think Copeland is going to have a breakout year, he had some nice catches this season...IF he stays healthy.
The talent is definitely there. He can be very good on jet sweeps as well. I think he's more of a straight-line runner who can be shifty. If someone can work with Toney on how to be a little more north-south while still working his shake-n-bake, wide receiver has a chance to be nice next year.

And with Pitts and Zip at TE...hoo boy.

1219.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:22 pm

AP Poll

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Oregon
6. Florida
7. Oklahoma
8. Alabama
9. Penn State
10. Minnesota
11. Wisconsin
12. Notre Dame
13. Baylor
14. Auburn
15. Iowa
16. Utah
17. Memphis
18. Michigan
19. Appalachian State
20. Navy
21. Cincinnati
22. Air Force
23. Boise State
24. UCF
25. Texas
is this the fina poll from last year? Six is good but How dumb oregon is ahead of us. they are just afraid to put SEC teams where they belong.

User avatar 1220.99inNC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:23 pm

So many writers want to pump Oregon, but downplay us. We beat Georgia and LSU next year and they'll have to wake up.

1221.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:24 pm

The talent is definitely there. He can be very good on jet sweeps as well. I think he's more of a straight-line runner who can be shifty. If someone can work with Toney on how to be a little more north-south while still working his shake-n-bake, wide receiver has a chance to be nice next year.

And with Pitts and Zip at TE...hoo boy.
is toney coming back? I think he would help a lot if he can run straight ahead.

I am not worried about the line, we could have beat UVA by more I think but wanted to showcase running. the idea of a running game with an improved Trask threading needles is so hawt

1222.Tommy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:40 pm

I’m not sold on Toney, evidently neither is Mullen, or he would have had many more touches. I might be wrong, but I see him as having crz potential, but maybe a bit of a head case?

1223.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:41 pm

I’m not sold on Toney, evidently neither is Mullen, or he would have had many more touches. I might be wrong, but I see him as having crz potential, but maybe a bit of a head case?
he was injured a lot of the year

User avatar 1224.angrigator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:45 pm

isn't he the guy that got in a squabble with a local Gville thug that brought their dispute on campus. I think toney was running around with an assault rifle on campus or something?

1225.GFY » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:17 pm

AP Poll

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Oregon
6. Florida
7. Oklahoma
8. Alabama
9. Penn State
10. Minnesota
11. Wisconsin
12. Notre Dame
13. Baylor
14. Auburn
15. Iowa
16. Utah
17. Memphis
18. Michigan
19. Appalachian State
20. Navy
21. Cincinnati
22. Air Force
23. Boise State
24. UCF
25. Texas
is this the fina poll from last year? Six is good but How dumb oregon is ahead of us. they are just afraid to put SEC teams where they belong.
It’s the final AP Poll. Today. Not last year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -rankings/
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else