Tropical Storm Barry

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.RIP » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Stay safe Fish.

2.GFY » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:29 pm

:help2: 20 inches of rain is what they are calling for in LA.

3.Fishon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:45 am

Thanks, RIP. Thankfully my kids are in Florida the rest of the month and the wife is out of town for work. I'll ride it out solo

User avatar 4.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:51 am

Thanks, RIP. Thankfully my kids are in Florida the rest of the month and the wife is out of town for work. I'll ride it out solo
Good luck. The storm should be nothing. Not sure what happens with the bloated river and where though. I know people upstream from you who already have been nervous about flooding for a month.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 5.ufgators68 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:58 am

Obama trying to fuck me over again... I just get finished (almost) revising my jon boat and here comes Barry dumping shit all over my area. :mad: :mad:

User avatar 6.Cus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Obama trying to fuck me over again... I just get finished (almost) revising my jon boat and here comes Barry dumping shit all over my area. :mad: :mad:
But you'll have a boat.

7.Fishon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Good luck. The storm should be nothing. Not sure what happens with the bloated river and where though. I know people upstream from you who already have been nervous about flooding for a month.
I know the river was high back in the spring and they were diverting a lot into the lake at the Bonnet Carre spillway, which was having it's own negative impact on the natural life there. The other day, my wife and I were at the hospital in Jefferson with a window facing the river. We couldn't believe how high the tanker going by was sitting. They are saying now that the river will crest at 19 ft. The levee is 20 ft, so they are not worried about over-topping here around the city

Honestly, I can't wait to leave this place. This city shouldn't exist

User avatar 8.Denver-Gator » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm

User avatar 9.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Nice touch to use the original
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 10.MoralityULack » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Hows the weather Fish?

11.9508 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:06 pm

:bubble bubble: /fish

12.Fishon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:55 pm

Not much rain so far in Kenner. Not much wind either. I think it's slowed down somewhat, it was supposed to be moving through already. I'm sure the wind and rain will pick up at some point though

13.Fishon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:03 pm

This area is north of Lake Pontchatrain.

14.GFY » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Kenner? We had just moved from NO and that Pan Am flight crashed.

User avatar 15.MoralityULack » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:18 pm

I had a friend at school from Key West who's parents were on that plane.

Just like that, at 20 the whole life he had planned was wiped. No parents. Didn't want to live at his old family home. Didn't know where he wanted to go. He got some money so maybe his planned career was pointless. Was there a reason for college. Limbo.

User avatar 16.evs' Boytoy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Just like that, at 20 the whole life he had planned was wiped. No parents. Didn't want to live at his old family home. Didn't know where he wanted to go. He got some money so maybe his planned career was pointless. Was there a reason for college. Limbo.
Do you know or do you know anyone who knows Kevin Bacon?

User avatar 17.Panamag8or » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 pm

That reporter is a UF grad and worked at tv20.

User avatar 18.Irish Mike » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:04 pm

He was an extra in the marching band in Animal House that crushed Kevin Bacon.

19.Fishon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm

That reporter is a UF grad and worked at tv20.
I thought he was familiar

20.evil gator » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm

ahahhaha
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else