Edible cookie dough

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.Cus » Wed May 15, 2019 4:27 pm

A few things...

1. Isn't all cookie dough edible? This implies that somewhere there is non-edible cookie dough. Sure, the Pussification Overlords would say "You should cook it before eating it" but even then it's still edible.

2. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of us have been eating cookie dough all our lives with no harmful side effects.

3. If you can brand it, they will buy it.

2.Juggs » Wed May 15, 2019 4:32 pm

The pussies who worry about raw eggs. Yes, eat that cookie dough.

3.evil gator » Wed May 15, 2019 4:33 pm

I guess its for people with compromised immune system who should be culled

4.evil gator » Wed May 15, 2019 4:34 pm

but it makes sense for helicopter and steamroller parents and that ilk

User avatar 5.Irish Mike » Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 pm

I don't see "Gluten Free" anywhere on the packaging... :eg:

6.evil gator » Wed May 15, 2019 4:41 pm

I don't see "Gluten Free" anywhere on the packaging... :eg:
or non GMO! Prolly tryin to kill us with yoga mats

User avatar 7.Cus » Wed May 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Yessss! (both on this post and your preceding post as well).

It's not just that brand either. I was just in Publix (waiting for the line to work it's way down because today is Special Baggers Day) and saw several brands of this in the section with Pillsbury and Nestle Toll House.

Non-potable water I get but "edible" cookie dough??

Can anyone (Doc?) cite evidence of people who have died eating delicious Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough? The Break N Bake ones just beg to be eaten.

8.evil gator » Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm

some alarmist stuff says yes, this says no

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 385801002/

User avatar 9.DocZaius » Wed May 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Can anyone (Doc?) cite evidence of people who have died eating delicious Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough? The Break N Bake ones just beg to be eaten.
I haven't found anything. Some articles citing risk of food poisoning, surprisingly not just because of the raw eggs (the risk from eggs is salmonella) but also because of the raw flour. There was an outbreak of e.coli a few years back linked to raw flour.

That said, the food supply in the United States is really really safe. Staples like eggs and flour are very very rarely contaminated, and the products are caught pretty quickly if they do cause an outbreak. I think the chances of getting sick from a product like cookie dough are infinitesimal. If there is an instance of contaminated eggs or flour, I would think a major processed food producer would be among the first to know and react to a recall of raw ingredients.

10.evil gator » Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 pm

I haven't found anything. Some articles citing risk of food poisoning, surprisingly not just because of the raw eggs (the risk from eggs is salmonella) but also because of the raw flour. There was an outbreak of e.coli a few years back linked to raw flour.

That said, the food supply in the United States is really really safe. Staples like eggs and flour are very very rarely contaminated, and the products are caught pretty quickly if they do cause an outbreak. I think the chances of getting sick from a product like cookie dough are infinitesimal. If there is an instance of contaminated eggs or flour, I would think a major processed food producer would be among the first to know and react to a recall of raw ingredients.
werd

11.shutout » Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 pm

It is cookie dough that is guaranteed to be safe to eat raw, as opposed to regular cookie dough which is not. It also makes inferior cookies.

12.evil gator » Wed May 15, 2019 6:38 pm

It is cookie dough that is guaranteed to be safe to eat raw, as opposed to regular cookie dough which is not. It also makes inferior cookies.
yeah I think we figure that out thx

13.shutout » Wed May 15, 2019 6:40 pm

It's Cus. You have to be very explicit or he stays confused.

User avatar 14.RIP » Wed May 15, 2019 6:40 pm

/shittybluefacts

User avatar 15.Cus » Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 pm

It's Cus. You have to be very explicit or he stays confused.
Speak up sonny, can't hear you over this sea grass fed cricket infused gluten free bologna wrapped free range camel hump (left side only) with a Leez Nutz reduction I'm eating.

User avatar 16.Irish Mike » Wed May 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Leez nut reduction? Fucker hasn't had much luck lately.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else